On 05/06/2012 04:56 PM, Alex Fernandez wrote:
On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Gour <g...@atmarama.net <mailto:g...@atmarama.net>> wrote:

    Sure...just wonder what is the objective of 'internal' converter
    if not
    just duplicating the feature(s) ?

The internal converter has several advantages, in principle, over elyxer.
The basic one is that it knows everything that LyX knows about the document
being exported. For example, it has access to what LyX knows about i18n, so
it will happily output, e.g., "Kapitel 1" in a German document, and so forth. It also knows all about layout files, so if you define some custom character style, LyX will be able to export it using whatever information you provided about how it is to be displayed in LyX itself, even if you do not provide custom CSS (which
you can also do): We create default CSS based on the display information.

That's the basic reason, as Pavel said, that the LyX team decided the "internal"
approach was the right one. There are other reasons, too, but we needn't get
into them.

Richard