On Mon, 07 May 2012 09:36:06 -0400
Richard Heck <rgh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> The internal converter has several advantages, in principle, over
> elyxer. The basic one is that it knows everything that LyX knows about
> the document being exported. For example, it has access to what LyX
> knows about i18n, so it will happily output, e.g., "Kapitel 1" in a
> German document, and so forth. It also knows all about layout files,
> so if you define some custom character style, LyX will be able to
> export it using whatever information you provided about how it is to
> be displayed in LyX itself, even if you do not provide custom CSS
> (which you can also do): We create default CSS based on the display
> information.

It sounds very good.

By having strong LyX --> (X)HTML converter, my need to (re)consider
using some markup (AsciiDoc/reST ) language is diminishing rapidly. :-)

> That's the basic reason, as Pavel said, that the LyX team decided the
> "internal" approach was the right one.

I assume it's written in C++ as the rest of the code, right?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is said to be established in self-realization and is called a
yogī [or mystic] when he is fully satisfied by virtue of acquired