On 11/24/2012 12:10 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 24/11/2012 11:17, Trevor Jenkins a écrit :
It is natural to anyone who uses a typewriter. Typists are deliberately
taught to put two spaces after a full stop!

Typist maybe, but in France I know no "dactylo" that would do that.

Not being from France, I was indeed taught to put two spaces after a full stop. I don't see any real reason for the "warning", which is more of a chiding, anyway. Just ignore that second space, send it to the file in the TeX-correct way. Those of us who habitually put that second space there (as I am doing writing this message) can continue to do so without changing the LyX file at all. That is the way I treat is now, by simply ignoring the message. Few if any habits will be changed with that message. Putting two spaces after a full stop is a stylistic choice, not really an error.

--

David L. Johnson
Department of Mathematics