On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Alan R. Bleier <ar...@cornell.edu> wrote:
> > I agree completely with Trevor.
> >
> I completely disagree with Trevor. Hitting double space [to get a full
> stop] is as unnatural and unhelpful as it gets. This may make some
> sense for a mobile platform, but is utterly unneeded on the desktop. I
> very much hope that LyX doesn't go the way of the iThingies.

It is natural to anyone who uses a typewriter. Typists are deliberately
taught to put two spaces after a full stop!

> If the message itself is what bothers you, then try not to look at it.
> With time you'll get used to ignoring it completely.

Bollox! It disturbs the visual perception of the user to no good purpose
other than to be smart ass about some convention that a few people don't
like. Errors and warnings should be displayed for real problems not the
imagined superiority of programmers.

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!