That's true for most OS X users, but not all.

If you want to use multi-platform programs, you have to put up with a
certain amount of non-Mac behavior. (As do Windows and Linux users, when
using programs primarily written to run on a different system.)

I'm just glad that LyX is available on OS X, even though it doesn't quite
fit into the system the way only for OS X programs do.

-- Rich