> That's a stumper - an empty app would have nothing to run. If LyX actually
runs, then the app can't possibly be empty.

> In OS X, the Finder presents an app as a single file, but it's actually an
application bundle that contains the executable and other resources (in the
case of LyX the other resources include the example files). You access its
contents using the 'show package contents' command as Stephen specified
previously. That's been true since OS X 10.0, more than a dozen years ago.
(And well before that, in NeXTSTEP, from which OS X is derived.)

> I would suggest having a technically adept friend look at your
installation, or asking at your local Apple User Group (use this site to
find your local AUG: http://appleusergroupresources.com), or making a Genius
Bar appointment at your local Apple Store.

> -- Rich

Do you know anyone who has had this method work on the new Mac OS? I have
been searching the internet for a solution, but I have not found anyone
reporting if it works or not on OX 10.9. Perhaps they changed things with
this new OS? The app itself is working, so maybe it is just keeping
everything invisible. I am not technically proficient, so I do not know what
else to do.

Or is there anywhere we can just download the files which will help us learn
to use lyx?

Thank you!