Richard Talley <rich.talley <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'm not quite ready to upgrade to Mavericks, but this technique is so
fundamental to how OS X has worked since the very beginning I can't see
Apple removing it. My search also came up empty on your issue.

> Try this instead:
>

> Open a Finder window, pull down the 'Go' menu and choose the 'Go to
Folder...' command.

> Enter this in the resulting 'Go to the folder:' dialog box (note that this
is case sensitive):

> /Applications/LyX.app/Contents

Thank you Richard, your method worked! Also, I discovered something else
strange so will report it to you in case it helps you guys to repair/improve
the software. With your method I go the folder and contents to display. IN
that finder window, I can also search for 'example' to fine the file
example_raw.lyx since there are so many files and folders inside. I can do
that by choosing to search within that folder. HOWEVER, if I just open a
usual finder window, and choose to search my whole computer for
'example_raw.lyx' or even just 'example', it will not show the file. It
seems all the contents of the lyx app or folder or whatever it is, are
somehow invisible to searching, except by the method Richard has detailed.

Anyway, many thanks to you RIchard and all you nice people who have tried to
help. Very much appreciated :-) May you all have a lovely New Year :-)