Yes, VirtualT runs on Linux.  In fact, that what I use predominately since
I really don't like booting Windows (for anything). :)

Oh, and since the subject line is $9 Computer … I really don't understand
how (or even that that can) they can build a Single Board Computer for $9,
even if they are doing it all in China and with large quantities.  I'm a
bit skeptical that they will be able to actually ship to everyone without
having to ask for more money.

Ken