Doug, thanks for your note - read on...let's discuss.

I'd be happy to put the board files on Oshpark, and place the
software, firmware, test applications in a git, but that isn't enough.
One needs to install the firmware and test the hardware afterwards..
and that assumes you can assemble a REX in the first place.  Plus you
need test jigs to do all that.  Feasible, but a significant investment
in time and learning.

The biggest issues I see-

* fine pitch soldering
* grinding the PCBs down so that they can be plugged
* sourcing spacers - I slab cedar strips using my table saw.... 0.050 inches
* firmware - it is stable now, but in general you must understand
RTL,VHDL and CPLD programming
* REX software is quite complicated.  it gets right in to the OS via 4
separate hooks and significantly affects boot up.  it can be a real
challenge to debug.
* Keeping ahead of changes and how they work in all 5 supported models
is a bit of work also.  One needs to have hardware examples of all 5
models to do the testing.

The equipment I rely on in general includes

1) a bench grinder/sander
2) a 15x binocular microscope
3) a Tek scope
4) a logic analyzer
5) my hardware jig(s) for installing firmware and testing the hardware
(M100, PC8201 variant)
6) xilinx CPLD toolset (easy to get but you have to learn to compile
and install CPLD code
7) a basic weller temp controlled iron + solder paste in a syringe

If there were zero design changes, here are the steps to assemble a working REX.

1)  assemble REX - grind PCB, hand solder CPLD, Flash, power supply, clean.
2)  install firmware - using Xilinx tools and known good firmware
binary, install binary image into CPLD.  REX mounted in test jig.
There are 3 firmware versions. M100, T200, NEC.
3)  test REX - run stand alone test software on appropriate Model T /
rework failed units.
4)  install application
5)  final test

Further development of REX is more involved obviously.  Maybe at this
point future development is limited to software only, and it may be
safe to assume the hardware and firmware are fixed.

Anyhow, as I said, it is feasible to transfer this to someone, but I
feel like it is a fair bit of work to transfer as well!

Steve