I think the issue here is down to what kind of writing you do. For Tech
Blogging it becomes very inconvenient to use an unconnected device as you
constantly want to be referring to links and media. For creative writing or
novels it would be a completely different matter.

When I decided to use DEC's VAX/VMS terminal based word processor ALL-IN-1
(well, technically WPS-PLUS embedded in the office automation suite
ALL-IN-1) I faced many of the same challenges you would attempting to write
on a Model 100 - I ended up creating a simple set of conventions that
allowed me to embed links into my pages that were then post-processed into
HTML pages. Here is a description of the process:
http://www.wickensonline.co.uk/retro/documentation.html - in this case I
'rolled my own' solution because I wanted to do the processing on VAX/VMS
but there are however many standards for embedded markup into text files
that could be put to good use. One of the leading examples would be
markdown: https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

Any convention employed for text on a M100 family device would need to be
very straightforward. As much as I love TeX I wouldn't want to be
attempting it with such limited screen estate!

Kind regards, Mark.