I'm a relatively new member to the mailing list.  I've been lurking for a
week or two now.  I also just recently dusted my Model 102 off to do some
writing with it.  I entered into the NaNoWriMo contest for the first time
this year and was planning to use the 102 a little bit just for the novelty
factor, but I have to say I kinda like it.  When writing on my laptop or
even my iPad I find myself responding to notifications and looking at other
information.  I also tend to worry more about typos, grammar, etc.  On the
Model 102 I barely pay attention to the actual words on the screen.  And
because going back to fix a typo is a bit of a hassle with the cursor keys,
instead I just focus on plowing forward and can leave the edits for another
time.  I use the basic/assembly wc.ba app from club100 to track my word
counts and then it's only a small hassle to plug in a cable at the end of a
writing session and save the text to my MacBook.