I don't think anyone could or would dispute that people still use their
M100 series systems, or ANY vintage computer or game system for that
matter. Everything has its fans. I think the core question is if any
professional writers use it as part of their workflow. I know I would never
trust vintage tech when writing all the things that I write. I'm too
spoiled by the automatic redundancy/safety and features made possible with
modern machines. At the same time, I'd be OK with using it for casual
writing, the type that something like the Freewrite is used for today,
i.e., the type where you just write and then worry about doing edits on
something else (fiction, really). With that kind of writing, losing your
work would not be quite as devastating and the special form factor might
also help minimize distractions/help you get into a specific mindset.

Of course, even though I would never use vintage tech like the M100 series
in my professional writing for a variety of reasons, it doesn't mean
someone doesn't. Certainly there are famous examples of writers like George
R.R. Martin who uses WordStar 4.0 on a DOS era setup. So the question then
becomes, can we point to any examples of someone using an M100 series
computer today in a genuinely professional capacity? If so, I would suspect
it would be mostly of the Freewrite variety, where it's used in the
preparation of fiction, rather than non-fiction material.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice | About me and other ways to get in touch
<http://about.me/billloguidice>