Ok, got some numbers.
Conditions:

Main board: Teensy 3.6
Adata 8G class 4 sd card inserted. (different cards draw more or less)
128x64 mono OLED attached by I2C and lit up with a screen of text.
  https://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=439232
Serial1 connected to a level-shifter to a pc
  http://schmartboard.com/schmartboard-rs-232-module-710-0001-01/

http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADM2023_1181A.pdf
The level-shifter is powered from one of the 3.3v pins provided by the
Teensy, ie, NOT from the Vin or VUSB that feeds the Teensy itself. (this is
mostly just to protect the Teensy io pins from getting more than 3.3v from
the level-shifter, but it also means the current draw number
includes the level-shifter)
RTS and CTS lines actually connected to level-shifter too.

USB not connected. Power coming from a plain 5v supply to the Vin pin on
the Teensy, with ammeter in series.

on-board led lighted during sdcard access

Voltage measured at the Teensy and while under load

Running at 2mhz:
While waiting for a keypress: 18.3ma @ 5.07v
While writing to sdcard: 33-38ma @ 5.07v

Running at 24mhz:
While waiting for a keypress: 36ma
While writing to sdcard: 59-66ma

Running at 180mhz (default):
While waiting for a keypress: 96ma @ 4.98v
While writing to sdcard: 96-130ma @ 4.7v

This is with no special tricks to go idle and draw low power. I think there
are lowpower libraries that can do some things, and definitely there are
purely eltronics ways to cut power and restore power based on serial
activity. But my test code right now is just sitting in a loop reading the
serial port.