Model 100 UART is able to clock at 9600 19200 38400 and in fact also 76800.
Model 100 is very hard pressed to use the existing rom routnes to utilize
38400.  There's just a lot to do to process input bytes using the circular
buffer etc.  I myself have passed characters between two m100 at 76800 by
manually coding, but It was flakey because of how you have to set up the
UART.

Combined with the fact that the fastest common rates on a PC is 19200 then
38400 then 57600, the internal UART cannot run 57600.  So for PC file
transfers, the M100 is limited to 38400 at best (unless using BCR at 57600).

Also, it is not possible to take over the serial port interrupt. It is hard
coded with no hook.  So, to use the UART fast you need to poll it.  I
suspect that makes it more or less like what I have done here....
dedicating the CPU to the read in process.  But it would be at best slower
than the BCR port.

If anyone is interested I can post the code on the wiki.  It was fairly
difficult to get it to work.  I really had to manipulate it.