I guess. I bought an FTDI based cable and I'll be darned.  Setting the
custom port rate in Linux seems like a nightmare.

76800 is harder than it sounded.

In windows it seems like you edit a file called FTDIport.inf and change a
few values.  But you need to ALIAS the port setting.
meaning you take a selection like 128000 and make it operate as 76800.  but
the entry stays as 128000.

I was really hoping that there would be some way of setting this up.  my
BCR port is looking more user friendly after all.