Just a quick reply, but when troubleshooting serial, I always start slow and work my speed up. Don't start at 19.2k. Start at 300, and work your way up. I've had mixed results across my Model 102/200 machines when I go much past 2400.

Second, not all USB-to-serial adapters are created equal. I work in an industry that still uses serial ports for many things, and I've run across some USB adapters that do not do true 25 volt signaling on RS-232, as defined by the spec. The models Ts expect "standard" voltages and have boost converters to generate them internally. Many USB adapter do not, and just run 5V serial, or boost up to 12, but will not do true RS-232 voltages, which will give you very different results than you are expecting.

But at the very least, start with a much lower baudrate.

--Justin