Laddie works great as a tpdd emulator, but it just doesn't include a
bootstrapper to install a client. If you have a REX or an actual TS-DOS
option rom (or build a Teeprom, but you can buy a much more useful REX# for
the same or less cost) then Laddie is great. But if you need to install the
client then you need mComm or teeny.exe or dlplus in addition just to use
it's bootstrapper.

You CAN transfer the same loader.ba file manually with a comm program and
TELCOM to install a client manually, but it's more complicated, more
error-prone, and silly to bother since dedicated utils exist specifically
to remove all the variables, moving parts, and pitfalls, and reduce the
number of steps and special instructions of that process.

There is also an mp3 of the cassette version of TS-DOS which you can
install using the cassette cable and a phone with a headphone jack. That's
simpler and more reliable than the manual telecom process but again,
pointless, because if you're installing a tpdd client, it's probably to use
a tpdd emulator, in which case you need the same serial and usb cable
anyway. The cassette/mp3 installer would be useful in the theoretical
old-days situation where you need a way to install a tpdd client to use
with an actual tpdd drive. The drive comes with a special disk for that so
that you can bootstrap with nothing but the drive, but that only provides
the basic tpdd client called FLOPPY, not TS-DOS. So, if you had your 100
and TPDD and a cassette player, and modern machines didn't exist yet, you
could recover from a reset and install TS-DOS using the cassette. Today
that's just an unnecessary excersize.