It is definitely an "Operating System", not just "BASIC".

   - It hides device drivers behind nice interfaces. For example, just by
   changing the filename prefix one can save a file to a RAM disk filesystem,
   the serial port, a cassette tape, or even the printer.
   - As a file grows in the RAM disk,  behind the scenes, the system is
   constantly moving other files around in memory to make room.
   - Memory is dynamically partitioned so that the RAM disk coexists with
   the RAM used as working memory by programs.
   - And of course it has all the nice utilities like the point-and-click
   file browser, serial terminal, and an editor which isn't half bad even by
   today's standards.

I've been wondering what this Model T / Kyotronic / NEC operating system
was called. I saw somebody referring to it as "BASIC-85", but I'm pretty
sure that's wrong. Recently, Bill Gates' Model 100 was auctioned
<https://www.rrauction.com/auctions/lot-detail/346156206445053-bill-gates-personally-used-trs-80-model-100-computer-with-autograph-note-signed/>
and the details referred to the firmware system he and Jey Suzuki
wrote as *"Microsoft’s
N82 BASIC 80 programming software"*. That's a term I've never heard before.
Has anyone else?

—b9