As I said elsewhere that point of view certainly applies to systems like
Commodore where everything including loading other programs is done through
BASIC, the system prompt is actually a BASIC command prompt

IMO the Model T is uniquely different in fundamental ways; the 'system
prompt' is the MENU and you can certainly load and run TELCOM, TEXT, etc.
and most machine language programs without ever invoking BASIC at all.