> On Oct 6, 2022, at 9:47 AM, Mike Stein <mhs.st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's quite different from systems like Commodore etc. where BASIC does indeed
> supply the main interface and control.

Hah, I was just about to comment on some of the Commodore operating
environments by way of comparison!

The T offers an equivalent of a CP/M BIOS or Commodore KERNAL in the ROM.  It
offers a command interpreter suitable for file operations and program
launching, much like CP/M's command shell, though far more programmable in many
ways; it also includes a great menu driven launcher and file browser.  The most
popular of the Commodore environments -- that of the C64 -- had quite a bit
less capability in terms of file management without significant extension
although several earlier and later Commodore ROMs included such capabilities.

To top it off, much like CP/M and other things that meet the traditional
definition of an operating system, several good utilities are included with the
T's operating environment, like TEXT, TELCOM, and the mini-databases.

I won't define it for others but such a package meets my own definition of an
operating system better than some of the other operating systems I've used.