wow, that article and the others linked from there are quite enlightening.

I hate to help create a monoculture and single supplier and overlord, but
it looks like Bing and all of it's resellers should just not be used.

That really sucks because I really hate how much power g already has.

You'd think Bing or any search engine should want to accept reports from
any random user not just site owners, and it shouldn't matter if a site
owner is willing to satisfy them. It is valuable to some site owners to be
listed, so for some there may be that power dynamic where the engine may
dictate to sites and sites will perform.

But what about the users? The engine purports to be providing a service of
search results to me a searching user. So in the apparently polyanna
fantasy world I should be able to say to Bing "hey, bug report, here is
some stuff on the net that you're failing to show" and they should consider
that a problem just based on that logic, regardless whether the site owner
cares to have any special relationship with Bing.

It's almost like Bing doesn't show you what exists, it just shows you the
sites that pay to be seen. Not literally in money but in cooperation in
whatever kind of user manipulation game they are playing.

I know google exerts the same sort of editorial control themselves though,
so, it's not like they're really any better in principle.