As I'm the one who started the date debate :) let me clarify what my feedback
to Steve was In the context of my M200, there are multiple things that are
confusing with dates, First of I consider that the system time, the one
reported by print DATE$ , should define the date format, otherwise you end up
with multiple date formats. As such, REX uses a different format than the
system one (on my system, idk about everyone else's) I fully realize rex is
probably written in machine language, that nobody asks for internationalisation
or user settings, all my feedback was is that it's using a different date
format than the system here, which is confusing ( can you tell me what the date
is when system date is 21/12/22 and REX date 222112 ? ) You end up with not
only one but two ambiguous date formats. I also remember an hidden part of REX
(I think info on file in the tsdos part ?) uses yet another format, but I can't
replicate this this morning as my tpdd is buried in a box. More than that, and
this is new feedback, when saving a new RAM image or overwriting one, REX does
not update the DAY of the date, only the month and the year. I've reproduced
that today. I realize that out of context, this "date format" is a small
problem, REX is now used internationally, and there are basically two Model T
platforms (EU and US). For my M102 I switched the ROM to the US one. Quite
frankly - this creates more problem than it solves. But it makes REX work. For
my M200, with the help of Steve, I was able to keep my EU ROM and have REX
working no problem, which is great for the international users. In short,
without interfering with anyone else's REX :) if it would be possible that REX
displays it's file dates then same way the system does, that'd be great :) Le
2023-01-31 08:32, jonathan.y...@telia.com <jonathan.y...@telia.com> a écrit : >
> For what it's worth, I also like year month day dates, in part because I can
easily sort them. ISO 8601 specifies year, month, date, but it looks like the
years are 4 digits >