Cosistency with the rest of the system which can't be changed is definitely a legit point. Thanks for clarifying.

On 1/31/23 03:03, Cedric Amand wrote:
As I'm the one who started the date debate :) let me clarify what my feedback to Steve was In the context of my M200, there are multiple things that are confusing with dates, First of I consider that the system time, the one reported by print DATE$ , should define the date format, otherwise you end up with multiple date formats. As such, REX uses a different format than the system one (on my system, idk about everyone else's) I fully realize rex is probably written in machine language, that nobody asks for internationalisation or user settings, all my feedback was is that it's using a different date format than the system here, which is confusing ( can you tell me what the date is when system date is 21/12/22 and REX date 222112 ? )
You end up with not only one but two ambiguous date formats.
I also remember an hidden part of REX (I think info on file in the tsdos part ?) uses yet another format, but I can't replicate this this morning as my tpdd is buried in a box. More than that, and this is new feedback, when saving a new RAM image or overwriting one, REX does not update the DAY of the date, only the month and the year. I've reproduced that today. I realize that out of context, this "date format" is a small problem, REX is now used internationally, and there are basically two Model T platforms (EU and US). For my M102 I switched the ROM to the US one. Quite frankly - this creates more problem than it solves. But it makes REX work. For my M200, with the help of Steve, I was able to keep my EU ROM and have REX working no problem, which is great for the international users. In short, without interfering with anyone else's REX :) if it would be possible that REX displays it's file dates then same way the system does, that'd be great :) Le 2023-01-31 08:32, jonathan.y...@telia.com <jonathan.y...@telia.com> a écrit :

    For what it's worth, I also like year month day dates, in part because I
can easily sort them.  ISO 8601 specifies year, month, date, but it looks like
the years are 4 digits