I suspect the RAM is not wiped. The machine is just hard reset, and all
relevant pointers set back to defaults. Your data is likely still in RAM you
just can’t see it.

Jeff Birt

From: M100 <m100-boun...@lists.bitchin100.com> On Behalf Of Cedric Amand
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2023 12:50 PM
To: m...@bitchin100.com
Subject: Re: [M100] Low battery , crashes wipe the memory of both M102/M200

I'm really not convinced my problem is REX related, at least not yet

Is there a process, a type of crash, or something known to basically crash the
Model T and wipe it's RAM (and reset the clock !) ?

All of that with a perfectly working backup ram (I can replace the batteries no
problem)

It's clearly the crash that wipes the ram/resets the thing, including the clock
?

Is that a type of crash other people have seen ? Or am I cursed ?

It's really the software is doing ctrl-break-power for me. It erases the
machine WITH a perfectly working battery.

And I believe this mostly happens when doing save operations,or anything
involving serial - but it's super difficult to reproduce. It's mostly random.

Call to the gurus :)