On the M100 and T102, the only automatic flow control method for the RS-232
port is XON/XOFF (software flow control).

Back in my HP pen plotter days (1985) I found that 2400 baud was fast
enough between a RS Model 4p and any HP serial pen plotter. Just have to
get your pen plotter to use XON/XOFF flow control. This should also be
available on the T200.

The complications with RS-232 cabling is because the standard was to
connect a terminal, computer or printer (Data Terminal Equipment, DTE) with
a modem (Data Communication Equipment, DCE), where the cable was connected
1 to 1 on both ends. The modem reversed the data pairs internally (RX/TX,
DTR/DSR, RTS/CTS, etc). Only a modem was defined as DCE, everything else
was DTE. So connecting DTE to DTE requires some wire juggling that never
seems the same every time. Sometimes the hardware handshaking lines
DTR/DSR, RTS/CTS, and CD can be looped back on each end or cross tied to
the other end to find the minimum connection to make it work with the least
number of wires in the cable.

Ahhh .... the good old days before USB.

Regards,
Peter