Hey Jesse - congrats on getting the model T! They make great packet
stations for sure. The issue you are describing sounds like a flow control
one. Depending on what TNC you are using you should be able to activate
XON/XOFF. On my old Timewave I think the command is XFLOW ON.

Then just ensure that you have flow control enabled in TERM with STAT 88N1D
(For 9600 bps) and you should be good to go.

Great to see other amateurs on the list and I know you are going to love
the M100 as a tool. My club used them and the LOGBA program for field day
this year and it worked out fantastic. Can't beat that screen and battery
life.

73 - DE KW4KB

Brian