On 9/9/23 00:10, Jesse Bertier wrote:

I wanted to follow up with this issue - As it turns out, the TNC itself
seems to be the culprit, at least with the M100.  Even small text strings
get garbled, with software flow control enabled on both sides.  That TNC
works fine with a PC, just not the M100.  Next time I have the scope out,
I’ll take a look at the line and compare, and work back into the M100 as
needed out of curiosity.

Sounds suspiciously like clocking tolerances (of the serial line).  I thought
it used to be 20% (from the "olden days") with 16x oversampling), but current
Internet Wisdom (for what that's worth) says ~ 5%.  If you've got one device
that's slightly fast, and the other slower, you''ll see this sort of behaviour.

(I used to work on a serial port switch in the 80's.  That sod had something
like
a +0.5% tolerance, although its negative was relatively normal. The above fault
was well known).

Cheers,
  --dt