Excellent post Esther. I've never tried redirecting man pages to preview, though I have dumped them to the printer. There's a program I use that allows me to go to safari, and type man://man
(for example)
and it feeds the man output into safari directly.
It's called bwana, and can be found at:
http://bruji.com/bwana/
It's pretty simple to setup, and I don't think I've ever had a problem with it. There's other methods to do this too, such as man server, html2man, and various other methods that turned up when I was googling to locate the source for bwana, but I think bwana is the simplest method (imo). If anyone has trouble, I'll be more than willing to assist, I've been using it for years, so should be able to help with most issues that crop up.
hth.

You can find a monthly formatted archive of all messages posted    to the
Mac-Access forum at the following URL: