Hello Paula,

I'm afraid my version of Kobo may be different from yours as I'm in France and
have the Kobo by FNAC version, which is the only one I can get here. You could
try having someone sighted look at it with VoiceOver off, but I see that Jane
hasn't had much luck with that approach. It seems strange to me that sighted
users of Kobo wouldn't have complained if they couldn't get their preferred
page transition style to stick.

I actually prefer Kobo to iBooks as it doesn't give you that page-turning
noise. It reads a chapter straight through, but you can pause it at any time
and look at the text closely, navigating by word or character easily.

Cheers,

Anne