Jim,

Didn't know your computer was that new, no need for any utility work.

I wish you had the USB cable that came with the Canon, to see if you
could just plug the camera into the computer and now worry about your
card reader.   You got them in iPhoto so good.

I have NO idea why you would have a jpg of a video, never had that so
I guess you could just delete the picture.

The video's are in IPhoto for you to view but they are stored under
the "Movies" folder and not inside the iPhoto library.  To use the
movie in another application go to your movie folder and there you
will find it and they don't have to be exported, they are already there.

I am not sure about burning a movie from iPhoto, I have never tried
that, rather I "share" it with iDVD and then burn the movie from
there.   It sure may be possible to burn a movie directly from iPhoto
I have just never tried it.

Also, some items don't work well unless you have Quicktime PRO version
on your machine, so you may need to go to Apple and purchase the Pro
version, they would send you the serial number in an email which you
would then enter in Quicktime to make it become a "Pro" version.   Be
sure and save this number for if you ever have to reinstall the OS
this will be lost and you'll need to reenter.

I have done ALL that you are attempting, twice in the last two days so
I know it works.  (I didn't burn a DVD but I made a movie that I had
to show to a repair man to let him see what was going on).

John