On 03/09/17 23:37, 'machinen' via Machinekit wrote:
The dist-aupgrade removes machinekit packages from system. There is this problem:
 machinekit
-xenomai : Depends: machinekit (= 0.1.1504202989-1mk.travis.luminizepatch1.git59e91621~1jessie) but 0.1.1486851828-1mk.travis.master.gitcbd2dfd3~1jessie is to be installed
: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Problem is that as I don't speak Python, I don't know where the file (assembly?) fdm.config should be or better yet from which file it is attempting to load/import.

I don't speak parseltongue either, but this is nothing to do with python

This is the package list for Jessie armhf
http://deb.machinekit.io/debian/dists/wheezy/main/binary-armhf/Packages

As you will see the machinekit-xenomai and machinekit versions are both at 0.1.1504202989, so if your apt is trying to fetch 0.1.1486851828 it is working from an old package list, which means it has not been updated properly.

apt-get remove machinekit machinekit-xenomai
apt-get update
apt-get install machinekit-xenomai

should hopefully restore things.  ( If apt uninstalls other packages when you do the uninstall, make sure you install those again too)

As for where the fdm stuff is installed, /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/fdm
It has not changed for yonks, so updating packages achieves nothing.

--
website: http://www.machinekit.io blog: http://blog.machinekit.io github: https://github.com/machinekit

website: http://www.machinekit.io blog: http://blog.machinekit.io github: https://github.com/machinekit