On 11/1/2017 12:09 AM, Jerry Trantow wrote:

> But, I am still stick with "Error loading device tree overlay file:
> cape-universal". Shouldn't this just work with the machinekit image? What
> do I need to do to setup the cape-universal device tree overlay. Any help
> would be appreciated. (and should probably be added to the
> www.machinekit.io/docs/getting-started.

I haven't worked much with the 4.x kernels, but I believe the cape
universal should be enabled by default.  If it isn't, it's easy to enable:

https://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#U-Boot_Cape_Universal

The error about not being able to load the universal overlay could be
ignored, but it is causing the setup script (which is still setup for
a 3.8 kernel) to fail.  Just comment out the cape loading portion of
the setup.sh script in your config (or better yet, add a test for the
kernel version and skip the cape loading if the kernel isn't 3.8, pull
requests happily accepted!).

Sorry about the issues but the 4.x images are quite recent and all the
bugs haven't yet been worked out.  Once you get past the setup script,
however, things should work.  The changes required for the ADC and PRU
drivers for the 4.x kernel have already been incorporated.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net