Scott, first, thanks for your reply ...

looks like I cannot avoid to install Communicator for that
particular user -- Explorers support shortcuts available within
text fields in fact seems to be poor and therefore Explorer
isn't suitable for heavy intranet usage.

The choice which key combinations to use is up to MS,
but the desired functionality is:

move to
- to beginning/end of line
- to previous/next paragraph
- beginning/end of story

select
- next/previous word
- from here to beginning/end of next line
- from here to beginning/end of paragraph
- all selections extendable

another problem, when pasting multiple paragraphs
into a single line text field (sorry, I don't know
the exact term as I'm not a HTML coder), Explorer
ignores everything after the first paragraph, whereas
Communicator pastes every paragraph and only sends
out the first paragraph -- which is the preferred
behavior.

I hope MS is listening -- it's too bad the at this moment
most decent HTML client isn't well suited for professional
usage

-Thomas

--
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers