Apparently I need some clarification of terms.  I thought these were the
definitions:

 carbon: will run on OS X without needing the classic environment
 cocoa: uses a specific OS X application framework
 classic: will run under OS < 9, but not OS X

So checking whether something is "carbon" should be a simple matter of
running it, then checking whether the logo in the upper-left is
rainbow-colored or blue.  Right?

The comments below seem to indicate something different.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ian Ragsdale) wrote:
>Pepper is definitely carbon - it runs on OS 9 as well.
>
>Ian
>
>On 4/1/01 8:48 PM, "Bill Stephenson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> PhotoLine and Pepper both work well on either format, but they're not really
>> "Carbon" apps are they?

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum