On Monday, April 2, 2001, at 03:34 AM, John W Baxter wrote:

> At 1:28 -0400 4/2/01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I haven't yet seen any official recommendations on which
>> type of partition to use, though.
>>

> I have the distinct impression (whose source I don't remember...perhaps
> Apple's John Cambra in his Mac OS X dog and pony show March 14 at
> (Seattle)
> dBUG, perhaps elsewhere) that Apple doesn't yet recommend using UFS for
> one's Mac OS X startup volume.
>
> The case-sensitive file system would be one obvious point of conflict.

        I think it's the 'resource fork' that is probably a bigger issue.
And likely why some Carbon apps don't work.

        The OS is supposed to be able to work on either UFS or HFS... one
thing that doesn't work on UFS is airport (you need to rename a file)..

        I'd suggest keeping a second partition for UFS (which is in fact
what I do)