Kee> At 3:20 PM -0700 9/29/01, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>>
>> I installed 10.0.1, the 10.0 developer tools, then 10.1 (I don't have
>> the 10.1 developer tools, and they're not available from Apple's
>> download site), and I couldn't even compile "hello_world.c" (error

Kee> The releases I saw said they'd come with the update CD.  I tried
Kee> CompUSA today and they didn't have it yet.  The (semi) local Apple
Kee> Store apparently had 900 of them, but as of this morning there was a
Kee> line of 200 people outside (according to the guy at CompUSA, who knew
Kee> someone there) so I decided to wait a day or so.  Especially with the
Kee> compile issues people are mentioning, I can't afford to upgrade my
Kee> machine and have mod_perl fail on me when I'm in the middle of
Kee> development work.

The "update CD" I got today doesn't have them.  On the web site, they
said the devel tools are going to be available oct 1.  Now, I'm
puzzled about what John was using to compile on 10.1... some magical
way to use the 10.0 tools, using the darwin release, or some advance
release of 10.1.  Which is it?