Michael, Thanks for the Mason tip. It does look exactly like what I
need. Although I wonder how it compares with embperl... anyone any
thoughts?

On another note... I saw that the mod_perl lines were commented out in
my httpd.conf. Since mod_perl is required for Mason (well, Mason
performs best with mod_perl), I uncommented the mod_perl lines. Now
httpd won't start. I get the following error when I tail my error_log

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
         LC_ALL = (unset),
         LANG = "en_US"

Looks like I have made a bigger mess than I was in.

Please help, someone.

pk/