Hi all,

I am having a lot of difficulty with mod_perl... I upgraded to Perl 561
and mod_perl, and now mod_perl simply does not work. Everytime I start
Apache with mod_perl turned on, I get the following in my error_log

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
         LC_ALL = (unset),
         LANG = "en_US"
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C")

and I don't know how to correct this. So, I am thinking that maybe I
should start with a clean-slate and reinstall.

Q1: is it worthwhile starting with a clean slate and reinstalling
everything? or is it possible to correct the existing stuff without
reinstalling?

Q2: how do I get a clean slate... Perl, like other *nix tools installs
all manner of stuff in all manner of mysterious places... (wish Perl
were a nice clickable, lickable bundle of Cocoa-goodness; all
self-contained and multi-colored n'all). How do I insure that all traces
of old Perl are gone before I build everything again...

Q3: is it even necessary to aspire for a clean-slate? will a subsequent
build and install simply write over old detritus? I know that all that
cache stuff kinda remains and that is why I felt overjoyed when I
discovered the command "make clean" (don't laugh... I am really a
newbie, but I really do enjoy the *nix part of MacOS X very much).

Thanks in adv.

pk/