Ken Williams wrote:
> I'm not totally sure of the "right" way to do it, actually - what I did
> was to put the two files in /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/ , and
> then fink found them and used them.  I'm not certain whether I had to
> issue some special command to get them recognized there or not, though.

That's half of what's needed. The other half -- and it may already be
available by default, I forget at the moment -- is to edit the Trees:
line in /sw/etc/fink.conf so that local/main is part of your Fink path.
My Trees line, for comparison, is (one line, not sure how this'll work):

+++

Trees: local/crypto local/main unstable/crypto unstable/main
untable/crypto stable/main

+++

This will grab local changes ahead of experimental & stable stuff. All
you have to do to install a hypothetical, hand-rolled or custom hacked
package you've put in /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/test.info is to
issue a standard "fink install test" command.

--
Chris Devers