On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 11:34 AM, Puneet Kishor
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. However, it seems twiki requires updating the
> stock Apple perl 5.6.0 to 5.8.0 (I read the notes at the OSX
> specific page).

Fortunately, that statement in the topic TWikiOnMacOSX is wrong;
see the italicized corrections right below it.  It sounds like the
note's author ran into the "try to install 5.8" CPAN problem we all
know and love.

Also, those notes are talking about the next release
(BeijingRelease).  The current release has some Mac OS X-related
issues (listed at the end of the topic) but FWIW my two low-use
intallations on Mac OS X 10.1.x using the stock Perl 5.6.1 and
unmodified TWiki sources are working just fine.  YMMV, of course.

> That is, unfortunately, out of the questtion. In my last OS
> iteration I upgraded perl to 5.6.1. I was successful eventually,
> but it was a lot of heartburn. I definitely cannot go to 5.8.0
> because there is stuff I need to run that cannot run on 5.8.0. In
> any case, I'd rather not mess with Apple's perl install. It is
> simply not worth the trouble it causes.

My sentiments exactly.

Paul.

--
Paul Hoffman :: Taubman Medical Library :: Univ. of Michigan
[EMAIL PROTECTED] :: [EMAIL PROTECTED] :: http://www.nkuitse.com/