On Sunday, November 10, 2002, at 05:12  AM, John Delacour wrote:

..

PS.  I've installed Apache2 and mod-perl after again installing Perl
5.8.0 ŕ la Morbus.  Where do I put my CGI executables?  I obviously
need to configure Apache somehow.

put it anywhere... it doesn't matter as long as you have the path set in httpd.conf. Or, better yet, just leave it where it is... probably under apache2/cgi-bin. Keep in mind, "CGI Executables" is just Apple's ungainly name for "cgi-bin". In other words, take what you have under your old "CGI Executables" and move it under cgi-bin, make sure that directory has execute permissions for the user under which apache2 runs, and set the correct settings in httpd.conf, namely ExecCGI+ under the cgi-bin <Directory> segment.