I'm working right now, so I won't run configure again right now ... I'll take your word for it that a vanilla build will work ok.

The problem is almost certainly connected to my ./configure line:

I configured as follows:

../configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2.0.43 --enable-mods-shared=al l
and the problem is obviously with the dso builds. I end up with a modules directory full of .la files (which appear to be linker instructions, with a blank dlname entry), instead of .so files.

I'm not using Apache2 for work ... I was just tinkering after seeing this thread, but if I was using it (in production), I would definitely want to use dso's, and it looks like the build is broken in some way, at least for me.

Can anyone else get "--enable-mods-shared=all" to work?