On Sunday, November 10, 2002, at 09:00 AM, John Delacour wrote:

At 7:16 am -0500 10/11/02, Sherm Pendley wrote:

Wilfredo *did* try it, and described the results. Since that part of his message was missing from your reply (how convenient), I'll repost it: "(I don't log in as an admin user because it's generally unsafe, so in my case I get permission denied.)"

I tried it as well, with the same results. If you're logged in as an admin user, it works. If you're not, it doesn't.
Why not, then, just suggest an improvement instead of copping an attitude? ...
Once again, the most relevant part of the message you're replying to is conveniently missing. Wilfredo pointed out, and in my message I quoted, "You are writing to a file "report.txt", but you fail to specify the path to the file."

The suggested improvement was right there in front of you: specify the full path to the file.

sherm--

If you listen to a UNIX shell, can you hear the C?