Hi Ken,

I have been using emacs in one window and a terminal in another window to run the command line. I tried what you say and the control-z works to suspend emacs, but I can't seem to get the .login to work to pop me back into emacs. Does .login work when you start a new terminal window, or do I need to logout of my user id?

Joe.