On Jun 9, 2005, at 5:39 AM, wren argetlahm wrote:

Dunno if it'd count as "killer" or not but I have a
F/OSS project I've been working on that's been looking
for a GUI for a while. We were going to go with Python
for cross-platformability, but I've been thinking
about learning Cocoa for a while and have really
wanted to use CB for *something*.

Hey Sherm, I haven't toyed with CB since the days of
10.2, anything I should know before diving in again?

It probably wouldn't hurt to scan through the "getting started" docs again - there have been some minor (but important) changes in how classes are declared.

You can inherit from Cocoa classes now, with all that implies - document-based apps with custom NSDocument subclasses, custom NSView subclasses, support for Cocoa Binding, etc.

And, as a direct result of recent events (i.e. this thread), I've decided to make GNUStep support a high priority item for the next 1.0 beta release. Cross-platform support will be a major feature going forward - I'm hedging my bets, and CamelBones will be a way for you folks to do the same.

sherm--