On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Ted Zeng wrote:

> Why the system behaves differently when I ssh to a machine from
> Terminal than when I ssh to the same machine by Perl's SSH module?

It sounds like the script is getting the default system $PATH variable,
while the shell is getting the $PATH defined in your login scripts.

Specifying the full path to the tool you want may circumvent this.

Alternatively, your script can declare what $PATH to use, but without
seeing the code, I'm not sure how best to do this.

In any case though, if it's an option for you, using a full path would
be easier than setting it manually.

--
Chris Devers