On 08/04/14 13:52, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Chris Jones wrote:

Thats OK for a standalone build, but the whole point of having root in
macports is to pick up various dependencies from Macports. This trick would
then only work if the user built all of these dependencies against libc++ as
well. SO unless MacPorts is planning on switch its 10.8 builds to by default
use libc++, this doesn't help much with getting the port working on 10.8

One option could be

     if 10.9 or later:
         use dependencies from MacPorts
     else:
         use just the built-in libraries without any advanced
functionality or external libraries

which is still better than having a nonfunctional port ... of course
only if that works at all.

Honestly, I think that is debatable. It would also make the port file a mess.

You would have to find a way to prevent root from automatically finding the libraries under /opt/local. I suspect if you just remove all the dependencies, it will still find then.

Honestly, I think you are flogging a dead horse a bit here. Unless you can find a clean way to get it working within MacPorts, my vote is just to flag root6 as only working on 10.9 (or 10.8, depending on if it works there or not) and beyond.

Chris

Mojca