Hello,
I just wanted to reply to this with my thinking.
I think each list is somewhat a community in that people read the
messages every morning or whenever they can, reply and get something
out of it. You give and take when you have questions is the way I see
this working out. Much like a community, sometimes there are certain
people who just want to make the experience bad for everyone involved.
Right now this occurs pretty much unchecked. There is a good balance
here: not overly moderating verses stepping in when things get messy.
I think that it's pretty easy to forget there's someone on the other
side of your message when we write. I don't plan on dropping the
banhammer on the first person to ever step over the line, I just want
to try to help control and regulate so that the people that are
currently getting responded to with curses and fowel language don't
have to be, because that does not really foster a good community.

the only reason currently this list is like this is because there is
not anyone willing to step in and moderate. We usually go from one
extreme to the other: someone is usually overly tyrannical in
moderation, or they just don't moderate altogether, thus leaving us to
decay until the return.

I hope this explains my purpose better. Please feel free to let me
know if you have questions.

Thanks,

- --
Take care,