Hello Pam,
I'll try to answer your questions. the new list does have a digest
mode, which you can set if you sign up through the website.

The second part of your email (or first, really) is more the reason
why I created the list. Right now, anyone can do pretty much anything
with no backlash from administration. This solves this problem. We can
rework the rules as necessary (what's there is a pretty good start)
and those can be enforced. I don't plan on just vanishing on you fine
folks to leave you to deal with the problems by yourself. I will also
be appointing a moderator at some point soon to help deal with it,
should I happen to get hit by a bus or get sick.

Thanks,
On 8/26/2015 5:53 AM, Pamela Francis wrote:
> Hello, I have a list question. First, as helpful as this list has
> been through the years, there are times it does disintegrate into
> childish arguments. How is creating another list going to alleviate
> that issue?Second, does this list have a digest mowed therefore
> cutting down on the traffic? I belong to a testing group. I have to
> be able to keep up with those emails as well as whatever comes from
> any other list I follow. Not really sure that I want to leave it,
> given the fact there are so very many helpful people here. However
> I have to be able to minimize the traffic in order to keep up with
> the testing emails I need get. Thanks in advance.
>
> Pam Francis
>
> On Aug 25, 2015, at 10:29 PM, Littlefield, Tyler
> <ty...@tysdomain.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all: I understand there's been a lot of mess on this list and
> at least two people I know of have left--that's not counting
> however many vanished without saying anything.
>
> I believe this is a great community and I don't want to see it die
> off or fall under the issues it has been. I understand a lot of us
> (this includes me) are at fault to one extreme or another.
>
> To this end and to try to preserve this community, I've started a
> new list. I'd like to welcome everyone to join. Regardless of past
> posts here and anything else, we start with a clean slate. There
> are a set of well-defined rules; if you join and see something that
> needs to be edited/added, please do let me know. Similarly, if you
> have questions, please get in touch with me.
>
> I will be the only moderator at present until everything is
> soarted out, then I'd like to get someone else involved. I'll
> probably be putting that call out shortly.
>
> My personal address is ty...@tysdomain.com for any questions. Also,
> the list information is as follows: Subscribers can join the list
> by sending email to macvisionaries-requ...@freelists.org with
> 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by visiting the list page at
> http://www.freelists.org/list/macvisionaries
>
> I hope that this will help. Plese feel free to get in touch with
> me.

- --
Take care,
Ty