Scott,

Wow, do you think you could slow your roll just a tick? :)

I am really sorry you feel the way you do about me and the other mods here. If
you actually knew us I think you’d be surprised.

You know, you’re not the only person in this world who actually has valid
opinions, emotions and life experience to back them up. So can you perhaps bear
this in mind when you feel you need to yell through your keyboard? You are
known to chide others for doing this; please be aware of this yourself.

As for there being five-year-olds reading this list, since the list is not 18+
there actually very well may be.

This language rule etc has been around here for a while and is meant to keep
this list a welcome and friendly environment for everyone. -And, whether you or
anyone else likes it or not, not everyone here feels comfortable with the kind
of language you do. This may be for religious reasons, for age reasons or some
other reason. The point here though is that since the language I was commenting
on is not really necessary for the posting, and is viewed as being offensive to
some listers here, I am simply reminding you and others that this is and has
been, for quite some time now, a G-rated list. This is nothing new.

When I inherited MacVisionaries almost ten years ago now, it was a smaller
community, and was just as friendly and welcoming as it is now. I was happy to
find it when I learned about it and there are others who feel the same way now.
This list helped me really get going with my Mac a lot more easily than I might
have done on my own.

So I care about preserving this experience for others. I am really sorry you
see my simple note as some sort of power trip. I am very sorry that you see
some people in this community as even needing such things to feel important.
Sadly, this really reflects on your own views more than others here.

-And, furthermore, if you feel I somehow get off on writing this note, think
again. If I or the other mods here really wanted to control people, we would
simply make this a post-only list and there would be no participation at all.
You’d simply receive posts from us and that would be it. This is obviously not
the case.

If you must know, I was not even keen on writing that note yesterday and BTW,
that was not even only targeted at your language. I simply wanted to remind
everyone that this is a G-rated list and that was all.

Now, to keep this note in perspective, I am writing this to the list as a whole
to remind all of us that all of our opinions and viewpoints are valid here.
-And yes, that actually even includes us the moderators. :) -And, since we are
the ones doing the work behind the scenes to keep all of you happy with the
list and the list itself running smoothly, yeah, we get a little bit of a pass
sometimes to allow us the leeway to actually moderate the list. Sorry if that
doesn’t suit you. :) If we cannot express ourselves here to help keep the list
guidelines clear for everyone then there is no point in having moderation, yes?
You, yourself are a big fan of people getting to express their opinions, are
you not? Why do you respond so poorly when you read something you don’t like?

Saying all this, you and others here should know how many times I have kept my
mouth shut because I also have the additional  responsibility as a moderator
and list owner to help keep this list balanced. If you or anyone else thinks
that’s somehow prudish of me then I’m sorry. That’s just too bad for you.

I think of everyone here, not just the mods, or a few listers. I think of all
of us. Whether or not I agree with everything everyone says here is not the
point. I am a moderator and a list owner. I have a responsibility to all of
you. So that all of you are heard and shown respect here.

So Scott, I am sorry you feel the way you do and I am hoping you can simply
just relax a little bit here and simply enjoy the list for what it is. I and
others here like your contributions, respect your opinions and benefit from
your knowledge. Might you simply just extend the same respect and courtesy?

Thanks so much to you all for reading this and I thank you for your
participation here.

Cheers!

Cara
---
iOS design and development - LookTel.com
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/models/Cara-Quinn

Follow me on Twitter!